For the second year, the Crackficathon is here to bring more silliness to the Buffyverse. Fanlore defines crack as "fiction with a fundamentally ludicrous premise, or otherwise including a plethora of unbelievable, incredible, or just plain silly elements - that is, implying the author/artist must have been on drugs to produce something so insane."
So what cracky thing have you been pining for? What about some werecreatures, or maybe that shiny new alpha/beta/omega trope, which was barely a twinkle in fandom's eye last year? Wingfic? Tentacles? The cowgirl!Buffy AU?
THINGS TO KNOW:
* Prompt fills can be one sentence, three sentences, a drabble, a ficlet, or any other length you feel moved to write. Fills can also be art! Usually there's tons of visual appeal in this prompts.
* If your fill is too long for one comment, you're welcome to post it to your own journal and just post a link here.
* Prompts can be filled multiple times by different people.
* Crack often tends towards the fluffy, light-hearted side of things, but it totally doesn't have to. Angst that puppy! Giggles and grief are both welcome here.
* I've turned comment notifications off on this entry, so if you have questions, please reply to the question thread below.
* Prompt format: [characters / ship] - [type of crack requested] - [OPTIONAL - additional prompt (word, phrase, song lyric, etc)]
* In the subject line of the comment of your fill, please put FILLED, and include [title, characters, type of crack, rating]. This makes it easier for me to make the masterlist. :)
* Fish Friday (PG), by griphynne916 - Xander/Cordy - Xander really does turn into a fish monster.
* Stays in Vegas. And Also in Pylea. (PG-13) by brutti_ma_buoni - Xander/Lorne - Vegas Crossover (in which two characters in different fandoms wake up married in Vegas)
* Hitting Things And A Whole Lotta Jack D (Among Other Things) (PG-13), by beer_good_foamy - Giles/Faith - it takes a while for that band candy to wear off.
* Spike and Buffy bodyswap, by athenniel
* Buffy, Willow and Gabby Douglas, Olympic crack, G, by eilowyn
* Entanglement, by brutti_ma_buoni - ensemble, G - alpha/beta/omega, in which Xander is a beta and there is knitting
* Disneyland Law, by beer_good_foamy - Prince John, W&H - Angel/Disney's Robin Hood crossover
* It Must Be Bunnies, by jacyevans - Anya, Buffy - This time, it was bunnies.
* If Wishes Were Kittens, by athenniel - S6 ensemble - All but one of the Scoobies turn into something fluffy, scaly, or otherwise meant to be a pet.
* Unknotted (PG-13), by brutti_ma_buoni - Willow/Oz, alpha/beta/omega stuff
* Flying, Not Falling, by brutt_ma_buoni - Buffy, ensemble - Buffy is resurrected with wings
[SO WHAT COUNTS AS 'CRACK' ANYWAY?]SO WHAT COUNTS AS 'CRACK' ANYWAY?
Below is a quick-and-dirty list (partially culled from the list of fic cliches over at fanbingo) to help get you thinking in the right direction. Really, though, if you think something is cracky? We probably ain't going to disagree with you. Go wild!
A LIST TO GET YOU STARTED
|Genderswap||Bodyswap / Bodyshare||Age Regression||Fusion with Another Fandom||Cracky Crossovers||Crack Pairings|
|Physical / Animal Transformation||Time Loops||Time Travel||Mpreg||Wingfic||Mary Sue / Marty Stu|
|Author Self-Insertion||Tentacles||Sex Pollen / Aliens Made Us Do It / etc||Truth Serum / Spells||Androids and Robots||Slavefic|
|Alpha/Beta/Omega dynamics||Historical AU||Sci-fi / Space AU||Animal AU||Doppelgangers / Clones|
[BANNERS AND PROMOTION]BANNERS AND PROMOTION
Banner made last year by the fabulous blueteainfusion. Thanks so much, hon!
To use it, copy the code from the box below and paste it into your post.