YAY, I’m so excited that you’re making something for me! Cosmic Marvel is my very favorite corner of the MCU, and I love the Thor movies in particular, as you will see. I'm super excited about an exchange focused on a bunch of my favorite MCU characters!
In general, I like stories about complex characters who have both flaws and strengths, who learn to care for each other despite obstacles (external or internal) that would get in the way of that. I love internal character conflict and people having to figure out who they are and what they care about. I love people having complicated feelings about themselves and each other. I enjoy when characters have romantic/sexual histories, or who have their own specific reasons for not having that experience. I don’t mind references to prior canon relationships or prior relationships with OCs. I like both endgame romance and sexual relationships that don't feel like endgame, but that offer something to the parties involved in the moment.
I am requesting both fic and art for all my requested ships.
General Likes and Dislikes/DNWs
General Fic likes: I LOVE canon-divergent fic and what-ifs. Team-ups between unexpected characters. Moments of unexpected/unwanted vulnerability. Kink, rough sex. Body appreciation, touching and teasing, cunnilingus, breast appreciation, kissing, sexual/kink discovery. Character-driven porn, porn with feelings. Characters making poor choices re: sex; characters being dysfunctional about sex. Comfort sex.
Unusual formatting – epistolary, poetry, documents fic, drabble series, etc. Nonlinear fic and other experimental structures. Fics of all lengths, from drabbles to longfic. Fics of all ratings. Canon divergence and what-if scenarios (I LOVE these). “X didn’t die” fics. Third-person POV, second-person POV, outsider POV.
Angst, with or without hopeful ending. Fucked-up characters doing the best they can with what they’ve got. Ghosts, timey-wimey shenanigans of all kinds, autumn, winter. Richly detailed settings, stories with lots of atmosphere.
I love horror, spookiness, and melancholy. If you’re into that vibe, I have a whole list of general likes here. I’m particularly fond of cosmic horror, body horror, architectural horror, and biological horror.
SPAAAAAACE. Biopunk. Timey-wimey shenanigans of all kinds. Weird space kinkiness, cool settings, cool alien species and cultures, weird alien worlds or buildings. Xeno. Space whales, megafauna of all kinds. Mpreg. Ritual sex. ELDRITCH ritual sex. Magical soul bonds, dreamsharing, empathic abilities (especially unwilling ones!). Competence kink, identity porn, arranged marriage, crack treated seriously. Magical soul bonds. Huddling for warmth. Hurt/comfort; hurt/comfort where the people don't like each other or have past conflict. Forced intimacy. "We need to have sex for reasons" scenarios, the more awkward the better (as long as no one is genuinely upset by the situation); aftermath of those scenarios.
Art likes: Characters drawn in really different styles than canon (art nouveau, medieval illuminated manuscripts, Calvin and Hobbes pastiche…). Vibrant colors. Simple line art with no colors or just a tiny bit of accent color. Spaaaaaace. Characters in different clothes, especially fancy or costume-y clothes. For shippy art I love kissing, clothed intimacy like a hand casually resting on other person’s hip/butt, breast touching, cunnilingus, fingering, het with a fem-dommy vibe where it feels like everyone's into it and having a good time. Art dislikes: chibi art, dicks as the focus of the art.
General Dislikes / DNWs:
- Trauma to eyes, hands, or teeth. (For Thor's eye, I would just like no graphic descriptions of the wound.)
- Relentless fluff – ie, scenarios where everyone is happy and they're doing something happy and maybe domestic together, and there are no other emotional tones to the story. Add a little bit of bittersweet or make it creepy/weird fluff and I'll love it, though!
- First-person POV
- Unrequested crossovers
- Non-canonverse AUs (like coffee shop AUs, high school AUs, etc)
- Female characters being sexually menaced by male characters
- Genderswap or rule 63
- Characters in shipfic being written as asexual
- Grief porn, where the fic is all about someone’s response to someone else’s death. (I’m cool with main character death in other contexts, though, especially horror contexts.)
- Alpha/beta/omega fic unless prompted for a specific ship
- Unrequested noncanon ships. (Exceptions: I am fine with mentions of Grandmaster/Loki, Hela/Valkyrie, and Valkyrie/any or all of the other Valkyries. References to prior relationships with OCs is also fine.)
- Character death of anyone in the ship that the work is about.
MCU-specific DNWs: Blanket DNW for any canon related to Infinity War or Endgame except where explicitly requested. Reliance on canon from Spider-Man, Agents of SHIELD, or the Netflix shows, because I haven’t seen any of them. Fic featuring the Avengers as a group. Character death courtesy of Thanos. (Character death of secondary characters by other means, like eldritch space abominations, is fine! Just not Thanos.)
MCU Likes and General Prompts
The Thor movies are where my heart is at the moment, as indicated by the ships below. I especially love Thor: Ragnarok, with its cosmic setting, its colorful vision of space and aliens, its mix of comedy and tragedy and character growth, and its hopeful ending (ignoring the mid-credits scene, because I live in a land of denial re: IW and Endgame).
I love anything about the Asgardians’ big cosmic road trip to Earth, but I would also love to read stuff about what they do after they get there – do they settle into Norway (and if so, hooooow did a bunch of space Vikings figure out how to build and surve as a fishing village?)? Do they team up with Wakanda and/or Tony Stark and build a space station or floating island, like in the comics? Or do they end up settling somewhere other than Earth, after all?
I also really love stories about small-scale politics. How does Thor govern? Does he have an advisory council? Who’s on it, and what are the internal politics? What are the concerns of a ship of refugees, and how do they conflict?
I’ve also got prompts for earlier in the timeline, and in particular I LOVE canon divergence AUs and Different First Meeting AUs. In general, I love space worldbuilding. I am extremely down for scenarios where Asgardians have non-human genitalia (because why is always the Jotuns that are weird!). I also love “weird shit someone has to do to get supplies for Asgard.”
I’m deep in my Loki feelings at the moment, so a lot of these ships involve him. I find him most compelling in Ragnarok, where he’s mellowed a little re: his earlier angst and where he makes a series of actual good decisions, like coming to rescue the Asgardians and then sticking around afterwards. <3 I feel like he’s a person who rarely if ever knows what he wants or what he’s trying to accomplish, but who has, by the end of Ragnarok, maybe found a place for himself that he cares about arrived at a kind of peace about being loyal to his brother the king. The Thor+Loki brotherly relationship is really important to me, even though I don’t ship them just by themselves. I LOVE fic that digs into Loki’s issues with his Jotun history; if you can get Loki to change into Jotun form for reasons, I am 100% there, regardless of ship. I’m also really interested in fic that involves Loki using the Tesseract or the Casket of Winters. I know in the comics, Loki’s gender is ambiguous or changes depending on the situation, but for the MCU I prefer a Loki who identifies as male.
I also really love Thor and feel so hard for him as he’s gone on this journey from untroubled youth to king, and all the heartache that happened in between. I love Thor being smart and impulsive and a little bit of an ass; Thor having a sense of humor and dealing with the burden of kingship.
Heimdall being a one-man surveillance state and the effect that’s had on his personal relationships; Heimdall having vulnerabilities and a sense of humor. I find it very plausible that Thor and Loki don’t really know Heimdall, despite growing up around him, or that they only know one side of him, and are startled to realize that he has vulnerabilities and feelings, too.
I love Valkyrie for being a badass and a hot mess with a lot of complicated feelings about Asgard and her rediscovered loyalties. She’s so hot, and she’s funny, and I can see her taking a while to figure out where she fits in in this Asgard she’s made her way back to. Her name situation is kind of weird, and I'm fine with whatever direction you want to go – calling her Val, Valkyrie, 142, or the name her parents gave her, whatever name you choose go with there.
I tended to put ideas below wherever they seemed to fit, but feel free to mix and match! If you see a Valkyrie-related idea you like for one ship, feel free to use it for another ship, and so on. Or skip all this and write what you feel; these ideas are just here for you if you find them useful!
Also, here are some spooky-type prompts that I would enjoy for any of the ships.
- The tesseract attracts cosmic horrors
- The tesseract has VERY WEIRD EFFECTS on people in its vicinity when not secured properly
- In Ragnarok, Loki stole the Casket of Ancient Winters in addition to/instead of the tesseract
- Thor's weather magic goes wrong
- Heimdall's seeing power goes wrong.
- Loki's Jotun body/powers start going haywire. Loki loses the ability to stay in Aesir form. Loki has to use his ice powers for some reason, which means changing to Jotun form, and he gets stuck that way. Loki has to reveal his Jotun form for some reason and is super unhappy about it.
- Hela dying has a physical/magical/emotional effect on Valkyrie or Thor or the universe.
- One of the ships above has to have ritual sex for reasons
- Somebody didn’t even know soul bonds existed, and now they have one
- Somebody falls from their own universe into a canon divergence AU (or vice versa)
- The infinity stones are creepier/weirders/less predictable than in canon
Heimdall/Loki: Heimdall sees (almost?) everything and yet has failed to see a lot of key things in Loki’s life, like his survival in the void. Maybe Loki has a lot of complicated feelings about the person who’s always looking; does he want that attention, or doesn’t he? There’s also the age gap combined with the prince/subject relationship; how do those conflicting power imbalances shake out?
- How much did Heimdall know about Loki’s parentage? How does Loki feel about this? Maybe some sexual experimentation with Loki’s Jotun form is in order.
- Heimdall gets Loki pregnant, to everyone’s surprise. Maybe it was a one-night stand, and Heimdall offer to keep the baby if Loki chooses to have it, and then romance happens, or maybe it’s an established relationship, and now they have to decide how or if a baby fits into it.
- Heimdall’s injury in the bridge fight turns out to be magical, and he needs Loki’s healing magic to save him. Now if only Loki can remember what his mother taught him about healing magic…
Valkyrie/Loki: That fight they have in Ragnarok was really hot, okay. Also they’re both hot messes with a lot of damage and some very conflicted feelings about loyalty to Asgard, and I’d love to see them work some of that out with each other. I think they’re both bad at feelings, and I would like to see them be bad at feelings together? While also managing to be good for each other, on the whole?
- Loki’s knocked up somehow – by Valkyrie, thanks to *insert magical handwaving here*? By the Grandmaster? Maybe they were already been sleeping together when Loki figures it out. I would love anything here from angst to pregnant person in peril (Valkyrie to the rescue!) to just some pregnant sex porn.
- Maybe Valkyrie’s perspective on Jotunheim is very different than Loki’s. Maybe she can share things about his birth race that it’s good for him to hear. Maybe they go to Jotunheim together, for reasons! :D
- Awkward hurt/comfort. H/C where one or both parties is a little bitchy is pretty great, I am just saying.
Bruce Banner/Loki: You know how in Ragnarok, Loki's sitting there in chains and he says, "Hallo, Bruce," all sultry? That's my reason for shipping this ship. BUT ALSO I find them really interesting, because Loki is terrified by the Hulk (not so much by Bruce), and Bruce is pretty alarmed by Loki, and I would just really love to put them in a box and shake them until something happens, like very conflicted kissing. :D Maybe they also bond over science/magic, or maybe they have enormous fights over it. I would prefer a space setting for this, set post-Age of Ultron or later.
- They have to work together on the Statesman. Maybe between the bitching (they would be so bitchy at each other) they find some common ground in their respective traumatic backstories, or maybe they just find some mutual sexual relief.
- Some kind of "stuck on a planet and one of us is injured" scenario.
- Some kind of "stuck on a planet and now we have to fuck for reasons" scenario.
- Instead of Sakaar, Bruce ends up in Asgard after Age of Ultron. Of course Loki recognizes him; now he has to figure out what to do with him.
Valkyrie/Heimdall: They’re both really old and have seen some shit, and now they’re both doing something new and different with their lives. Maybe Val finds Heimdall’s gravity and lack of judgment soothing. Maybe Heimdall needs a confidant. It’s unclear to me whether Heimdall was around for Hela and the fall of the Valkyries, so feel free to go either way on that.
- They’re from an earlier age, when Asgard still had alphas and omegas. Maybe the fall of Asgard triggers Heimdall’s first heat in millennia, or maybe they’re just drawn to each other in ways none of the betas on board the ship will ever quite understand. Mpreg welcome here. :D
- They drink and grieve Asgard together, even though they have wildly different and somewhat conflicted feelings about it – and maybe about Hela, too.
- Valkyrie encounters Heimdall being a space hooker. Feel free to diverge canon however you need to get them here. :D Or maybe it’s post-Ragnarok, and they each have their own ways of keeping the refugees supplied…
Heimdall/Thor/Valkyrie: Would love some loyalty kink here – I am SO WEAK for characters swearing fealty to Thor and/or just taking care of him when he won’t take care of himself, although I also love scenarios where people are taking care of each other.
- They've all been marked by Hela's blade (or one of her soldiers' blades) at one point or another, and those wounds leave permanent marks. You could take this to a horror place or a hurt/comfort place or any other place you like.
- Heimdall and Valkyrie become two of Thor’s most valued advisors, and then they become more.
- Comfort sex. <3 Maybe grief finally breaks through Heimdall's millennia of stoicism and takes the others by surprise; maybe Valkyrie suffers some flashbacks after seeing Hela again.
Valkyrie/Loki/Thor: This is another great opportunity for loyalty kink! It’s important to me that this be a balanced trio, and that Val isn’t just there to facilitate the Thor/Loki (which I don’t really ship on its own).
- They end up soul bonded somehow. Accidentally? Because they needed one for reasons? Possibly this involves magic ritual sex. Either way, it's leading to a lot of dreamsharing and unexpected sexual tension.
- Val and Loki start out in a FWB situation while they both pine for Thor, and then somehow Thor ends up in the mix, too, to the surprise of everyone.
- Comfort sex. <3 <3 <3 They’ve all had a really rough time. Maybe having Valkyrie there is the catalyst that gets Loki and Thor to have sex, too, when they never had before.
- The Grandmaster gives Val both Thor and Loki to do with as she will. She would much rather do nothing with them, but she knows better than to refuse a gift from the Grandmaster. I’m not looking for noncon here, just maybe some forced intimacy and Thor having to take a different angle to persuade her to come to Asgard with him and Loki (who maybe has his own ideas about the situation). Maybe there’s some seduction along the way. :D
Heimdall/Loki/Valkyrie: Because it's hot, okay. :P But also I ship all the pairs in this OT3 and would love to see how all those different tensions play out together and rub against each other.
- Magical ritual sex for reasons (and the aftermath? The aftermath is always my favorite part of people needing to have sex for reasons)
- Soulbonding, yes please. Accidental or something they choose, temporary or permanent. Again: dreamsharing, sexual tension, maybe some creep of magical powers between them… :D
- Anything where Loki has to be in Jotun form for some reason. Odin’s enchantment to make him look Asgardian is wearing off? They get stranded on an ice planet? He stole the Casket of Winters as well as/instead of the Tesseract, and now they need him to use it? In any case, he is super unexcited to be blue. :D :D :D
Gamora/Loki/Nebula: They all have BUCKETS OF ISSUES; imagine all those issues leaking out onto each other. :D Maybe Gamora and Nebula were already fucking when Loki showed up, or maybe he’s the catalyst. While these are all very dangerous and damaged people, especially in the pre-Avengers period, I’d prefer a scenario that allows for a little bit of tenderness, even if none of the parties admit to it.
- After taking Loki apart, Thanos leaves it to Gamora and Nebula to put him back together again so he can be of use. They’re not very gentle about it (but still maybe a little gentler than one might expect).
- Somehow Loki persuades Gamora and Nebula to escape Thanos and take him with him, or maybe somehow they come up with this idea on their own. And then angsty sex on the run? Maybe Gamor and Nebula already fucked sometimes, and it feels natural enough to include Loki. I LOVE the possibility that Loki met one or both of Gamora and Nebula in his pre-Avengers period with Thanos, and would like to see the fallout of that possible meeting, either at the time or later.
- Some kind of AU apocalypse has happened, and they fall in together (again?). Together they’re safer from any of the universe’s dangers than they would be apart, except they might not be safe from each other… I just really love us-against-the-world scenarios, the more unlikely to grouping the better. :D
- Thanos takes Loki from Jotunheim as one of his children, and he’s raised with Gamora and Nebula. (Feel free to handwave supposed canonical ages here however you want).
Loki/Minn-Erva: I'm not looking for romance here, I just love the idea of these two encountering each other over the years and maybe bonding over how they hate everyone. They would be SO CATTY together, it would be glorious. Maybe they hang out at the edges of boring parties and quietly mock everyone, and then fall into bed later. Maybe they end being a little fond of each other despite themselves. I think Valkyrie pretends she doesn't give a fuck, but Minn-Erva ACTUALLY doesn't give a fuck, and I feel like Loki would find that appealing. I would love Minn-Erva's perspective of Loki's culture, or vice versa.
- Minn-Erva's sent to Asgard's court as the bodyguard of some Kree representative, is bored out of her skull. Fortunately the younger, sharper-eyed prince provides some entertainment.
- Post-Ragnarok, the Asgardians encounter Minn-Erva on some port. Maybe they need her for something, or maybe she needs them.
- If Thor went to university, surely Loki went too, right? He and Minn-Erva meet each other there and have a lot of hot, extremely casual sex.
Crossposted from Dreamwidth. Comments welcome over there. ( DW replies)